Kids

Kids

Saturday, March 30, 2013

One of those weeks

It was one of those weeks. Where the days are long and monotonous, it seems as if the week will go on for eternity, and then you realize it is Saturday! Then I look at my camera roll on my phone and realize how much we did this week and how full it really was and how much we actually do with our days!
this post was started on March 17th, but my busy life didn't have me finish it until today!


No, she isn't suppose to be forward facing.
Yes, she looks so big!

I spend the biggest part of my days with this boy! Austin James has a personality as big as he is...oversized for a two year old! Everything is exaggerated and dramatic with him. We share the same love of consistency and routine. Daylight Savings made the week challenging for both of us. I'm still not on track!
I stripped the sheets off his bed this week. He walks in to see the pile on the floor, glances at his bare bed and puts his hands on his cheeks and says, "Oh No Bed! Oh No!" He was really concerned when he watched me shove it all in the big blue things in the laundry room. Hollered and tried to pull on the washing machine door. I often find myself looking at the world through his eyes. This usually makes dealing with Austin MUCH easier and brings laughter into my days instead of frustration! It helps that I am often reminding Molly and Grant that he is only two years old. Sharing, communicating, listening, reasoning with him, will get easier as he gets older....I hope! I make no promises! I really hope he grows out of hitting, pushing, and throwing very quickly. I have spent the last two weeks watching him like a hawk around Heidi. Poor little thing is scared of her brother. He takes both hands and pushes her back, grabs toys from her that our his, throws Hot Wheels towards her, takes trucks and plunks them on her head. Our first "car cart" ride at Hy-Vee didn't go well because of this. Austin waited until I turned my back in the canned good aisle. Heidi was so upset when I turned around she was holding her breath with the tears streaming. Austin looked completely innocent. The third time she erupted into tears I watched him take his pointer finger and touch her on the shoulder. I think Heidi might be a hair puller and biter, survival of the fittest!?!
Her last week as a 9 month old
This week we made our usual stop at the "Beanery." The coffee shop where my order includes a cinnamon muffin every time. I found out it has been renamed the "Sarah Muffin" by the barista. Maybe that is a sign it is time to stop ordering it!?! This week Heidi decided to join in the routine and eat it with Austin and I! How can I stop ordering the muffin that is my Monday ritual, my two year old screams for it when we take the kids to School, not everyday, but at least 1x week.  I said Austin likes his routine!

"Mom, this Sarah Muffin tastes Amaaazing!"
Austin loves himself a waffle. He thinks everyone else in the house loves them too! Frozen, with syrup, without syrup, cut up, toasted, whole, it depends on his mood, I'm never sure how he wants it!




I rearranged the Family Room this week. Actually I just added a chair. Took it out of the kitchen where it wasn't getting used. I like it. Makes my room look cozy and gives everyone in my family a place to sit. I told Don I didn't like the idea of every chair facing the television. You couldn't sit in our Family Room and have a conversation with eye contact. Now you can!

Taylor Swift came to Omaha! My long monotonous week was broken up by us attending her concert! I decided at 2pm we would go that night! Molly came home from School and received the news!!! She was almost as excited as me! So, I have this hard time paying $80-$100 for my kid's ticket to something like this. It's not so much the money as it is the experience at such a young age. Or maybe it is the money, cause if it was free I would haul her to every concert I could. Yes, it is the money. I didn't attend my first concert until I was 26 years old. My parents weren't into music concerts when I was a kid. We didn't have a venue that brought them to town either. But, I think into the fact that if I'm hauling my kids to shows at 8 years old that cost $100 a ticket, what happens when they are 25 years old and grown up with that lifestyle and can't afford it. It actually sounds silly as I type it. That's good, I'm getting my thoughts out on my blog and reading it to myself allows me the chance to realize how absurd I sound! Another reason I do this blog...for my kids to know I sound absurd at times and I don't realize it until later! Either way I paid the ticket price cause I wanted to see Taylor Swift in concert and I have the best person living under my roof with nothing else to do to take with me...Molly!!!!
we stayed out of "trouble"


Our boring, monotonous week really wasn't so boring and monotonous. It felt that way at the time. My life is actually anything but Boring and Monotonous! It is loud, fun, crazy, intense, nonstop busy, always something to do! I finished a book this week too....one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. She took me to a concentration camp in the middle of World War II. I learned about the Holocaust and I cried. A fascinating read. I love getting my life out in print...I started this post with
Where the days are long and monotonous, it seems as if the week will go on for eternity, and then you realize it is Saturday
I will finish it saying, my week was anything BUT long and monotonous. It had to go on for eternity because we put so much into it! I'm glad it is Saturday, cause I want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment