Kids

Kids

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy 10th Birthday Molly

I have twenty-six pages from 2004 filled with almost 41 weeks of moments, pains, emotions, and anticipation for the baby growing inside me. The baby that would make me a mother. Words written on my desktop computer in the middle of the night. I would print the pages onto clear vellum paper and wait for them to dry, so I could glue or hole punch with a fancy tab them into the "baby book." I remember thinking (and I'm sure it's written somewhere on pages 20-25) that this baby would have to be a girl.  All the detail that I had time to put into the baby book would only be appreciated by a girl. 

A baby girl I was given on October the 3rd. The most beautiful baby I had ever seen.




Molly has been making list of things to purchase for party, games to do, agenda for the evening, and following up on who is attending. She has kept the party talk to only a whisper when she is alone with a invited guest so that no uninvited guest will overhear and have hurt feelings. She has discussed with me how the conversation should go if she were to be asked by an uninvited friend about her Birthday Party plans. If only she could invite everyone to her sleepover! 


A toothless 6 year old with her best friend Holly


In regards to all the Birthday talk Don says, "How did this day come? Who knew it would come so fast?" This stops me. I go on and on about how quickly the time goes, but until Molly came I didn't know how fast it really went. I was not prepared for how fast ten years goes. Now that it is here, it means I know how fast the next ten will go, and the next ten doesn't have us celebrating with a sleepover. 

My mind only works in five year increments. Today I am forced to look at the last ten with my firstborn and again I am in awe at what a beautiful girl we have in our lives! Happy Birthday Beautiful Molly!








No comments:

Post a Comment