Kids

Kids

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful for an Escape from Reality

The Fairmont Princess Resort did not disappoint.
Beautiful grounds and super friendly staff
Don and I got out of the crazy marathon we run everyday and strolled for five days in Scottsdale, Arizona! I can't believe it has been four years since we got away together. I have taken girl trips, he has taken guy trips, and we have taken the older kids on trips, but it was exactly four years since a trip with just the two of us. Is it a sign of how busy you are when it seems more like eighteen months, not four years?!? A destination Family wedding seemed the perfect reason to escape reality. 

It is about 10am and we were sitting outside...doing NOTHING!

 Scottsdale, Arizona here we come! A second honeymoon. A long overdue vacation. Time away with my favorite friend, my teammate, my hot husband. The trip exceeded my expectations. It was more relaxing then I could have dreamt, record high temps, a beautiful wedding that made for a great time, just enough people on the trip to make for great conversation and low maintenance bonding time. A trip that will go down at the Top of my list of greatest trips! It was worth waiting four years!
Stepsisters Wedding made for a perfect amount of fun added to our trip

He is so cute! I think it might be the reason I didn't miss the kids too much. I could see them in Don!
 I will list Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale as my greatest trip away. Unfortunately, it will also be listed as my worst trip home! Who knew reality could be so hard to get back into! There is something to be said for "you can't miss what you don't have." I went years without hours of alone time, hot coffee, quiet mornings, attention from your spouse, showers followed by getting ready and dressed cute (in that order, no disruptions), sleeping in, shopping without worrying about when school gets out, going out to eat without texting a babysitter..the list could go on!

Allison was a Gorgeous bride in an Amaaazing bridal gown!!!!
There is a little person in our house who likes order. He prefers a schedule. He eats the same two things for lunch and dinner. Likes the same books read everyday, same babysitters, same sippy cup, same shoes and coat and hat. Switching from summer to fall was an ordeal. No school to kids in school took days to work through. His Dad should be at work everyday or he thinks we are going to church, he looks at me funny when I put my hair in a ponytail, questions where we are going when I take a shower (cause it only happens if I'm going out). Leave a child like this for five days and there is hell to pay when you get home!
My brother Mike is a best friend to me.
 And the other Mike, is my goofy Dad who thinks I do no wrong!!!!
My almost three year old, Austin for those wondering who I am talking about, did not handle my return home very well. I guess he was fine for the sitter or everyone has been sworn to secrecy to make me think so. After twelve days home I finally feel like he has somewhat forgiven me for leaving. I questioned once last week whether it was worth it. I called the Doctor today for advice on his emotional needs. Don thinks we shouldn't leave him again for our ski trip in February, which I firmly replied, "that is how he will learn, we will leave and we will come back!" 

The food was amazing!
 Don wasn't hungry, but I was, so I ordered Room service!
Sat on the patio and ate the whole thing without interruptions!!!

We got a free room upgrade, which meant a pool meant for the "fancy" rooms only!!!
Super quiet!
Escaping reality was great. Coming back to it has been tough. I miss Don even though I live with him. I miss the Arizona weather, although I couldn't leave my seasons. I miss sleeping in, but it just makes you feel lazy after so long. I'm looking forward to the next escape from reality, which will not be in four years! I will give the memories of this trip some time to fade before I start texting babysitters for the next one! Which, I must give a huge shout out, I have the most amazing, beautiful, sweet, trustworthy, woman any mother of four could ask for to leave with my kiddos! No, you cannot have her number!!! She is the reason I had no meltdowns or anxiety over being gone from my children. I got to truly escape my reality and absorb paradise! Something to be very Thankful for this November!
This was our view from the patio. That is the PGA Tour Golf Course on other side of tree.
We overheard two golfers commenting on "wind in their face." Don and I turned to eachother and burst out laughing!
The branches were barely moving. These AZ folks are weather spoiled!!!!


Only person I had to share dessert with was this handsome husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment