Kids

Kids

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Never a Dull Moment



I gave up on Potty training after 4 days. I was hoping to make it 7 days, but instead I took away some positive points and quit! Austin did learn how to "hold it" a REALLY long time, but was too scared to sit, stand, squat, straddle, or really be near the potty (unless he was eating a sweet tart!).  Unfortunately he also learned to be more aware of his excretions. He tells me when he pees. He has also taken to sticking his hand down his diaper and saying, "ewwww." Poop makes me dry heave.  So when the hand goes down the back of diaper and something comes out on his hand...well I sorta get this frantic, "panic attack," like feeling that makes me forget about anything else around me.  It happened at the dance studio the other night and he had it all over his hand and shirt sleeve. Austin loves the dance studio and the response to "lets go, this is disgusting," was met with him going limp noodle. I felt my body exit itself and everything around me, except my foul smelling toddler, go fuzzy. I spotted a mom I have met but don't really know, asked her to hold my baby who wasn't strapped in her carseat and was sitting straight up. When I pulled carseat over with one hand while holding Austin's arm with the other, Heidi fell backwards in the seat and the whole thing went back to the floor. I commented, "she's a 4th child," and said I'd be right back...I need to go change a diaper in the car! As I said, it was an out of body experience. Poop makes my head spin!
Hard to imagine this boy being difficult!?! He painted his booster chair after he got bored with paper!
We decided to take the kids to KC to Great Wolf Lodge. We only had enough bravery for 1 night! With my sis in law/brother in law and their 4 girls and another niece coming we thought it would be a great way to spend some quality family time! It went remarkably well....
Austin had a BLAST! I swear he grew when we were there...he looks about 4 years old!

Cousin Aubrey is Austin's favorite

4 Adults and 9 Kids...that's how the Zeleny's do it...Lots of kids=FUN


Heidi didn't enjoy the water park! We were reminded of how "prissy" our "baby" is!
Time away is always a good idea. It is alot of work and your exhausted when you get home, but when your there all you have to do it just "soak up" your kids and relish in the Family you are blessed to have..

The fact my kids have about 30 cousins AND they enjoy being with them...priceless
Mallory and Molly
2nd Graders

We didn't see these girls most of the time. They were having so much fun together! 

Baby Fat Rolls


Our sweet boy hung out with the girls and then would come hang out with the little people
 then he would sit next to his Mom!!!
Austin is at the age where the world really revolves around them...good thing toddlers are cute and funny and...you get to watch how they figure out the world around them...so cool!

Did I mention Austin had fun?!?!
What always happens with any trip you take...you must return to reality! Over-tired children and laundry and having to cook a meal. A mother's job is very monotonous, but there is never a dull moment!
As this blog is for my children, and to encourage the few mother's who read it, I took some pics of reality in my house...some of you will feel better about yourself and other's worse!!!  :)
Kitchen table always covered in cars/legos. Crayons have been moved to another small table in kitchen!

Groceries sit for hours and dinner mess all over counter and sink full of dirties and dishwasher full of clean

6 loads of CLEAN laundry on an unmade bed
I feel good because I got dinner figured out and started...so the rest of the task...I'd rather avoid and go write a post on my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment