Kids

Kids

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mental Catch-Up

I often find that my mind is much farther behind where my kids are in age.  I told the church nursery that Heidi couldn't have "Puffs." The next week with different workers I forgot to tell them and when I picked her up they told me she loved eating "Puffs." I wondered if they hand fed them to her? I mean she can't pick them up yet...she is only...wait a minute...she is almost 8 months old! I fed her some Puffs at home and the baby picks 'em up and shovels them in!

Molly is almost half way through her 8th year. I helped in her classroom and some of the girls were playing "MASH." (I was relieved my child wasn't one of them...not ready to see who her husband would be!) Molly was making a list of who she was inviting over to a sleepover, what movie they would watch..it was being written with boxes on the top and info listed under each heading. When did this happen? When did my little boy start to feel more like a big boy when I hug him? When did my toddler learn how to sing "Twinkle Little Star?"

 My mind can't wrap itself around the fact my oldest is a dancer.

The Dance is "I Can Be Anything."
Yes, she can Be Anything she wants to be!!!
It is our second year as a Jumpstart Dancer with NE Dance. It is our second year with a crazy weekend filled with preparation for January Showcase at the Music Hall!
Last year it was all a touch surreal. I mean I have 2 left feet, I can't keep up in exercise class at the gym, then performing in front of a big audience, let alone "judges," terrifying!!! So, the fact my daughter can hear the beat, remember the moves to multiple routines, and performing for an audience brings out a crazy level of energy in her...well I can't wrap my head around it!

I didn't grow up dancing, playing sports, singing, or really doing anything for that matter! I was apart of a couple clubs in High School and would tell you "talking" would be my extracurricular activity! (yes, I was a cheerleader, but it was very brief and not at all an experience I like to reflect on!)
If your child leaves with a smile, can't wait to go back for more, cries if she is a minute late to class...then it isn't a bad thing if she complains her stomach muscles hurt, she knows what her "core" means, and she is covered in sweat after practice.
The "Ladybugs"

I am a happy momma...what mother doesn't hope their child finds something they love, somewhere they want to be all the time that is esteem building, energy burning, and fun! I must mention it melts my mother's heart to get to dress my little girl in these SUPER cute costumes and put on makeup and we get to do it all while listening to fun music!
I must mention that as mother's we have a responsibility to be aware of the people who are pouring into our kids. When we drop them off for their activities do you know the character and beliefs of the person "teaching" them. I am at complete peace with who Molly has "pouring" into her at dance. The teachers at our studio build them up, encourage teamwork, and being happy for one another, respect, and most of all an atmosphere that acknowledges who they each are as individuals and loves them!

Ms Missy is a mom to one of these girls and has patience that AMAZES me!
I would need earplugs for this group of girls!

Ms Kathy is her tap teacher. She is one of those girls who is "cool" without trying...then you talk to her and you realize she is also very "cool" to talk with...which makes me get why Molly loves her class!
I want to be around Ms Kathy too!


My head hasn't caught up with the fact my daughter has a childhood happening that I is exactly what I want for her. I pray often her innocence and joy will be protected for many more years to come. For now I sit in an audience watching her dance and sharing her smile!

January Showcase 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment