Kids

Kids

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The responsibility that comes with "a mother being the heart of the home" is exhausting. It might have been some saying on a wooden wall hanging with a goose below it in 1988, but it is very true.
I know potty training is hard work. I forgot that most of the work is mental. My head feels like I've got one of those big baskets on it that I'm trying to balance. I'm physically tired, but all I've done is stay home and run to the bathroom every 30 minutes and eat candy sweet tarts with Austin as we sit in the bathroom.
Today is Day 4 of Potty Training Austin. I'm in a bad mood and, lucky for me, Austin is in a bad mood. I'm grasping onto all the little "steps forward" in the potty department. Like...he is aware of when it is going to exit and he is "holding it" for long periods of time. His night time diaper has been dry all week, after 11 hours in it. So, problem now...nothing in diaper and nothing in toilet. Hmmm, what do we do now?! Thankfully I have friends. Thankfully I have friends with kids who can give you some different strategies. Thankfully I am not alone in this endeavor as a friend who read this blog called me cause she started on Monday too! I know another mother is suffering this week as well!

I think it would be hard to be a toddler. I mean all the new things they have to learn and changes. It might also be called "terrible twos" in their social circle. Poor things....they have to try and communicate when they can't talk very well, deal with emotions when they have no idea what it is they are feeling and do it all while Momma giant makes them try something new! (I have some sarcasm here with sympathy mixed in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment