Kids

Kids

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

siblings

 I've always thought that giving your child a sibling is one of the best gifts you can give. I don't have these unrealistic expectations that they will be best friends when they are grown. I just think you can teach your children so much about relationships through a sibling. I often see the dynamic of myself and my husband as I watch Molly and Grant interact. They are forced to ignore, get over, work it out, treat each other with respect, be kind even if they don't want to, react with kindness and not a "he did it to me so I can do it to him" mentality. I guess, giving your child a sibling is the first step in teaching your children "agape" love.

I grew up with two younger brothers. I always wanted a sister, I mean what 10 year old girl doesn't dream about an older sister to idolize or a younger sister to share all your thoughts with! When I found out baby #4 was a girl I was overcome with joy! My daughter was going to get the most amazing gift...a sister. 
Now they can complain all about their mother to each other!!!



I'm thinking this will be the first of MANY of these shots

This scene warms my Mom Heart
I can fast forward 10 years and see the same picture
Who wouldn't want this adorable thing for a sibling!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment