Kids

Kids

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bar Set High

Mother's have impact like no other person. The responsibilities go beyond laundry, dishes, and diapers. It has become more obvious that my role is much bigger than the chore list. As my kids have gotten older I'm seeing how my actions and words are soaked up like a sponge. They expect much of me. Whether it is the comfort of my arms when they fall down, the singing of my voice when they can't sleep, the legs they hide in when they are scared, the desperation on their face when they want me to rescue them from their consequences.  I am expected to be there, take care, and always know what to do!
I felt all these same things about my own mother. As an adult I have come to realize that mother's are normal people! We make mistakes, we get lazy, we loose our cool, we get exhausted, we don't want to always have the bar set so high. It is the price we pay for the unconditional love that comes from our children. My kids may not like me someday. But, they will always love me! I have a place in their heart that no one else will ever have. 
Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mother's I get to do life with. I am always reminded that I do not have a bar sitting high alone, but surrounded by many many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment