Kids

Kids

Friday, May 3, 2013

Some Mom Moments

Life has been full, crazy, nonstop, overwhelmingly busy. 
~Future warning: When your kids enter School the last weeks of April and the month of May are crazier then the Christmas season.
 Outside of the very full calendar, we have the "normal" life happening when you have 4 kids. Potty training was a success the first week.  Austin was doing both #1 and #2 on the toilet. I felt like a could write a book about potty training. I could get a check mark on the the list of "what makes you a great mother." Then week #2 happened and #2 went from toilet to pants or the School playground if that's where your at! Fell right out of his shorts and in a pile under the slide. Don scooped it up with mulch and we stuck it in a diaper. Cleaned Austin up with wipes, stuck the "just in case" pants on him from the car, and he went back to playing! When I stick him on the toilet to clean him off, he says, "Yay! Good Job!" No Austin, you didn't poop in the potty. This is not the time for "Good Job!" 
She is such a cheerleader! She yells, "Kick it up Pumas!" from the side lines. She doesn't stop moving her mouth...ever!
Molly came home from School last week and informed me one of her friends got an American Girl Doll from the Tooth Fairy! YES, the Tooth Fairy brings $100 Dolls these days!!!! Where was this Fairy when I was a kid!?! Why can't she slide a $5 bill under the pillow and the parents put the doll next to her with a note..."Way to loose that tooth!" How am I suppose to explain that our fairy doesn't have the budget, and if she did she doesn't want to use it for a teeny disgusting tooth. She is saving it for Christmas!
I fell asleep with Austin during his nap. It was that kind of sleep that hits you hard, the drool is immediate and there is no dreaming, just deep sleep. It lasted about 20 minutes and I felt a tap on my shoulder. Molly was gesturing for me to come out of the room. I get out in the hallway and she starts talking nonstop..."I was counting my money and I have $132 and Sage cost $110 and I have enough to buy Sage Mom, I have enough money (add high pitch voice and a shrill screech of excitement). I am still half out of it..."did you wake me up to tell me this? Who is Sage?" On the counter laid out is the current American Girl Doll magazine, quarters stacked in piles of 4, and some cash, as well as a post it note with 67+15=132. I was not fully awake, so I wasn't  clear headed, but I could do the math. "Molly, you need to add those numbers up again." She got all nervous and I wrote 82 on her note. "You need $28." Cue the whine, "that is a lot of money, how will I get that much money?" Me, "you can do the chore list I have put together that you don't want to do...you can make $5 week and it will only take you a month to have enough for Sage." Cue the whine, "that is too long. The chores are too hard. I don't want to do chores." (the chore list has 'fill the napkin holder on kitchen table, make sure each bathroom has toilet paper, pick up shoes on laundry room floor...very difficult!)  
Funny thing is she went outside and cued the crying with her dad. When she said something that night about me ordering Sage I ignored it. I asked Don what he told Molly, "I said I would give her $28." Me, "What?! This is a great teaching moment!" Don, "She came to me crying like I'd just ran over her new puppy. I couldn't say No!" I laughed in my head and decided to wait and see if I get asked by Molly and told by Don to order Sage! 
2nd Grade Music Program
The Lean Green Air Machine called for sunglasses.
She practiced her "game face" in the mirror at home. I told her there was no way she wouldn't be able to smile! I was right, she tried really hard to have a serious face!
I attended Molly's program alone. Don was out of town and I didn't see the point in going if I had to deal with Austin and Heidi. I saved myself any embarrassment and asked my 11 and 13 year old nieces to come over. I was going to be gone a hour. (I mentioned earlier Austin stopped going #2 on the toilet). During the program my phone starts vibrating. I answer it, listen to Grant ask me if Kate should clean Austin? He pooped on the floor. I cup my hand over my mouth and whisper to him to put Kate on the phone! I was on the phone about 22 seconds. I was the first person out of the bleachers and in the classroom to pick up my kid. On the way to the car I tell Molly, "I'm sorry we had to rush out of there. Kate called and Austin pooped his pants." "I saw you on the phone Mom. You were trying to hide it, but I thought something must have happened with Heidi or Austin!" Molly misses nothing!

Grant lost his first tooth. The boy has been waiting all School year. His permanent tooth wasn't so patient and started to work it's way behind the loose tooth. He started complaining about it hurting and so I took him to the dentist. When I told him I called and made an appointment he had the same excitement after I've made a playdate with a friend. He was telling everyone he was getting his tooth pulled! It really wasn't that loose, but the dentist put some numbing cream on it and worked it out. The boy flinched once and out it came. His pain tolerance astounds me! He left a seashell, the tooth fairy toy from McDonalds (Rise of the Guardians movie), his tooth, and a note that says "this is for you" next to his pillow! "Why are you giving her a seashell?" Grant, "Cause I have two of them." 



My minivan has joined right into the crazy of my family. It seems to be eating dog food, or someone pulled an annoying prank and dumped dog food into my air vents? We have no idea what is happening, but when the a/c blows it smells like dog food. There are dog food pieces on the floor of the passenger side floor. I clean them up and a few days later...more pieces appear! The other day Don texted me...'when I opened the glove box dog food fell on the floor'. WEIRD! Don swears he put the dog food bag in the very back. He seems to think Austin went out to the garage, filled a cup full of our dog's food, opened the van door, and poured the food into the vents!!!! Even Austin couldn't pull that off! Too bad my brand new car smell is gone and my brand new minivan is no longer new after 4 months. Nothing stays nice for long when you have kids, maybe I should add...without a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment