Kids

Kids

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Break-7am to Noon on Day 1

Outside it is a beautiful 65 degrees, the Nebraska wind is blowing, the sun arrived by lunch, and the birds are chirping. Inside it is a bipolar scene of chaos and octave levels that require ear protection, to instant silence that only lingers for minutes, then the shrill scream of a toddler begins the monotony over again!
It is the first day of Summer Break for us. Everything I expected my "break" to be has already shown itself and it just rolled 12 o'clock, noon! Molly asked at 7:15am what the plan was for the day. Told me she didn't want to just sit around all day. Suggested the Children's Museum in Lincoln. ("Oh, Okay, that sounds easy") ~insert sarcasm into all my parentheses.
The teacher sent the kids home with "summer homework" packets.
Molly has completed her packet on Day 1
Austin screaming over every little thing the older two do or don't do is just a part of my life. Austin screaming all morning at them and then shouting "No" at me had me popping him in the mouth, which caused him to scream "No mouth, No mouth. Hit butt, hit butt." this had Molly and Grant laughing out loud, which caused Austin to scream louder. (getting Austin's shouting under control this summer should be a breeze). 

I had to make a phone call to the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I told the kids, "I'm making a call, so no interrupting or screaming." Molly, "how long will you be on the call?" (let me just write down all the details of my call for you, my little planner)! I was finalizing all the paperwork and checks writing needed for the kid's summer activities. I asked Grant if he wanted to do the Basketball Camp? "Is it overnight?" "No" "Is it all playing basketball?" me, "a little, but most is learning how to play the game." "I know how to play. I just want to play games." ~sidenote; our biggest challenge with Grant is receiving instruction. He thinks he already has everything figured out.~Me, "your seven, there is a lot about basketball you don't know. You're going to this camp and your going to remember that you don't know that much about basketball, you are seven!" He looks at me like I'm smoking crack, cause he is seven and has learned everything about basketball! 



Teaching Austin the moves to a song from the movie "Ice Age Continental Drift"
Austin isn't wearing pants/underwear!
I got dressed and had 3 kids in the closet with me. Molly is my shadow. She must know everything down to the color of underwear I'm wearing! I lost my cool when Grant grabbed Molly by the leg, yanked it towards her head, she went psycho girl on him and smacked him, he lied and said she told him she wanted to wrestle (I'm sure she suggested wrestling as a way to pass the time), and I sent them both to their rooms for 30 minutes. Quiet for 30 minutes...nope, Austin needed a bath. He is all boy when it comes to getting clean...screams, runs for whatever closet he can hide in, when I find him and get him in the tub he is screaming, grabs a cup of water and throws it, causing me and the floor to get very wet, Heidi observes from the side of tub and is left dry, dressing Austin in anything other than pajamas is like WWIII. Most times I don't fight battles like this one, but today I just wanted to feel like I could win one of them! So, I dressed him in actual clothes...listened to him scream and try to get his shirt off. Then before lunch he took his pants off, cause thats all he can do by himself!


School is on her mind as she asked me to write down Math problems for her!


 I stopped and hugged Molly this morning. Squeezed her and told her it felt good to be hugging her and not hollering, "hurry up and get dressed, it is time to load up, Grant have you eaten breakfast!" I get an entire 3 months to stop my kids during the day and hug them, tell them I love them, then go crazy Mom on them! 
"I love the last day of school as much as I love the first day!" ~Quote by "A Crazy Mom"

I mentioned in my last post that we bought Heidi a new house for her 1st Birthday! The building process is complete! As with every new home there is still work to be done, in terms of the foundation (it is very crooked) and the height issue...the kitchen counters are a little high!



Someone call Dad. The water isn't working.

I think she is annoyed that the boys are in her new house.




No comments:

Post a Comment