Kids

Kids

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mommy anxiety

Do you ever get hit with anxiety over the idea you may be screwing your child up? Maybe I put too much pressure on them to be something or do something that will have negative impacts in 5, 10, or 20 years from now. Is this life we created too busy? Are they going to say they didn't get a childhood?


I stopped making dinner a couple weeks ago. I've been a touch overwhelmed with sickness, schedules, and the grumbling that came with every meal. After eating some wonderful homemade pulled pork, pasta salad, and deviled eggs tonight, I have to say I've missed dinners! Figuring out how to make dinner fit in our evenings, what to make, when to make it, how to get the kids to eat it without complaint, cleaning it up. I don't know...so much work...maybe in 2013!


I can only hope that the decisions I make each day for my kids are the right ones. That the "what ifs" don't overcome my thoughts. I keep my focus on the gifts God has given me...my children. He picked me to be their mother and with God's guidance I will give them an wonderful childhood! It may not hold wonderful memories of delicious meals made by their mom, but I like to think I have other things to offer them...like lots of laughter!


photos were taken by cbyatesphotography.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment