Kids

Kids

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Welcome November


 I should have gotten a clue that it was going to be a long week when the ER Doctor told me Grant's arm was "just a bruise." My mom gut said that was all it was, but then there is the small part of me that wasn't sure! I pay hundreds of dollars in my health insurance premiums, why not take 3 hours out of my Sunday morning to know for sure. I got some quality time at the hospital with Molly and Grant!
I got to do Halloween night alone with 4 kids. Don got invited on an all expense "fun" trip to Las Vegas. This rarely happens, so he was all over it.

I didn't realize how exhausting it would be to dress 4 kids in costumes. Get them to our traditional Halloween starting spot...Kim and Kyle's house. I had to feed them, get them to pose for pictures, and then trick or treating, all of this while dealing with Austin's terror over my friends life-size witch.  It didn't help it started inside and Kyle moved it outside to scare the trick or treaters!
My friend Kim (center) has an obsession with everything Halloween. It doesn't even have to cackle like a witch. She has these skeleton things hanging in her house that play some "who let the dogs out" song. (Austin is scared of those things too). Her neighborhood is perfect for going door to door. She is moving into my hood, so we might be moving the party to Jessica's house!
Austin made it through about 10 houses and he was done. Wanted to eat his candy! About 8 houses in and Molly collides with Tommy (Chewbacca). Running in a tutu with boots and a candy bag is not a good idea. Poor thing ripped her tights in both knees and skinned up her hands.
She is crying as I try and get Austin to stop taking more than 2 candies from the treaters. Then Heidi decides she has had enough! Thank God I have amazing friends and live in an amazing community!
Austin pulled a Picaso on my Family Room chair. Did it while I was putting Heidi to sleep. I put a lot of thought into my house...decorating is a sort of hobby for me. So, to see this was very upsetting. I am constantly reminded that nothing is my own, and nothing I own stays nice.
The very next day I get another dose of this reality. My sweet baby vomited her entire 6oz bottle all over me and my sofa. About 3 hours later and I'm feeding her a bottle on the leather chair. Austin had been whining and clingy. He sits up next to me. Puts his head on my chest and lets it rip. Vomit, like days worth of food, all over me, Heidi, and my leather chair. Heidi is screaming, Austin is crying, and I am stunned. I'm dripping in vomit. The striped chair in the picture also got hit with vomit. So, yes...all the furniture in my family room was hit.
I heard this "stomach bug" was going around. My friend Kim saw her whole family hit with it over the course of 7 days. She commented that she wished they all would have gotten it at same time. Jessica got hit with it on Friday. Same day as my babes. Saturday night falls on the Zeleny house and I feel it creeping. The weak stomach and body aches. Before I start visiting the toilet, Molly comes to my room covered in puke. I've never and hope to never again experience a night like this...Molly vomits, then I start. I'm at the toilet vomiting as she is behind me vomiting into her hands and it is landing all over my back. Then about 45 minutes later and Grant pays us a visit! Don slept on the couch! I spent the night vomiting, rubbing the backs of my kids as they vomited, cleaning out vomit bowls, washing vomit laundry. I think Kim must have said a prayer that if I got hit that it would be all of us at one time! I don't think my kids will forget being sick with their Momma! I know I won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment